Search This Blog for Stuff

Thursday, June 23, 2022

Electrolytes Part 3

 It's been about two and a half weeks of using the electrolyte powder in my water bottle whilst playing PB and visiting the driving range in the afternoons.

I initially saw some weight loss of a couple of pounds, that has not continued, but the missing two pounds has not come back.  I can't really suggest these are related.

I reported some better muscle aches and pains and by better, I suggested that they were cramping less and I was feeling better.  Curious about this one, I didn't have any electrolytes for a couple of day in the middle of last week and then had a pretty achy next day.  I'm suggesting that the powder is still providing some benefit here.

Thanks to Tony in a comment on post two, there are cheaper powders out there on Amazon.  I'm going to try them next.  

Finally, I seem to have better endurance while playing.  When it gets to be 11:15 and I've been playing for three hours, I'm now up for more play.  I think is powder related.  I don't eat breakfast and so this is about as hungry as I get, and yet I'm in no hurry to get lunch.

Bottom line at this point, they seem to be providing some benefit to me.  But I've got a strange diet and it may well be providing things that are missing in what I eat.  

I've never mentioned taste and it is a consideration.  It tastes a bit soapy to me.  It is better when cold.  I've not tried it hot.  It was easy to get used to and I don't find it objectionable anymore.  There is a hint of fruit flavor too, but it is mild at best.  Ice cubes go well with this.  I put a bunch of ice in my water bottle, it's 40 oz., add two and one half scoops of the powder, pour in tap water to fill it up, then do some shaking.  This is  a lot of work in the wee hours before play, but it seems to be worth it.

That's a wrap up on the journey so far.  I've got a couple of weeks of powder left and I'll probably try the other after the Dr. Berg is gone.


No comments:

Post a Comment