Search This Blog for Stuff

Monday, January 30, 2023

To Pickle is to Rhyme

 Current statistics "prove" that the average PB player is erudite and prone to read poetry.  Who am I to disagree?  So here are some short pieces that may inspire.

 To Live:

To lob is to live, I've been told.
Though the thought leaves me quite cold,
I'd rather hit me a drop,
or a couple of flops,
But on lobs, I'll never be sold.


Duty:

At the Downs I'll often be found,
Whacking a yellow ball around.
It's noisy, as well,
Not close to a bell,
But on the court I'm dutifully bound.


Style:

Serve is shot one,
Return is but two,
Three is the pivotal point.
Dink me a shot,
softly not hot,
and I'll return it gently to you.




2 comments:

  1. chatgpt version

    Verse 1:
    Paddle in hand, I step to the court,
    With a thrill of excitement, I can't help but sort.
    Smack! The ball flies back and forth,
    In this game, I'll give my all, no retort.

    Chorus:
    Pickleball, pickleball, the sport of my heart,
    With each serve and each rally, a brand new start.
    A blend of tennis, badminton, and ping pong,
    A game for all ages, where I belong.

    Verse 2:
    Partners by my side, we work as a team,
    With laughter and joy, a perfect dream.
    Strategies planned, shots well-placed,
    Our opponents can't keep up, they've been erased.

    Chorus:
    Pickleball, pickleball, the sport of my heart,
    With each serve and each rally, a brand new start.
    A blend of tennis, badminton, and ping pong,
    A game for all ages, where I belong.

    Outro:
    So grab your paddle, and let's hit the court,
    A game of pickleball, where fun will never fall short.
    With every serve and every rally, we'll give it our all,
    In this game, we'll stand tall, that's for sure, y'all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your contribution! You are a human, yes? Just kidding. Rich

      Delete