Search This Blog for Stuff

Saturday, February 3, 2024

Ruby Paddle

 There were a couple of players in Cambria who had the new Ruby paddle.

I am interested in this paddle as it's supposed to be very spinny which fits my "roll every ball at all costs" hitting style.  It also has a modified shape, not elongated, but long with some head spread at the top corners.  I had this shape with a couple of other paddles and liked it.  Rumor has it that this shape provides more sweet spot.  I'll do anything for more sweetspot.

I was able to try out the paddle and it is more spinny than my "illegal" Diadem Vice.

One of the nice parts of the Vice is that it's quite easy on my wrist and arm, both of which are always sore and unhappy.

The Ruby felt pretty nice too.  It wasn't harsh, felt soft enough and was poppy too.  

It wasn't as quiet as the Vice, but it wasn't too loud.  I could play with it.  I would enjoy the extra spin.

The handle was quite a bit thinner than the Vice.  It felt comfortable to me.  It maybe that I'm starting to hold the bat looser -- not sure, but it was noticeable and comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment